Thursday, May 21, 2015

Samantha Fisher

I wish I could tell you about everything I have done so far, but that would be impossible.  This experience has defiantly been one for the books, and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to share it with. Within the short amount of time being together, a group of strangers became great friends, and I know that we will extend these friendships beyond Greece.  
This morning we survived our first storm, I’m sure the locals thought it was amusing seeing a group of Americans running as if we were going to melt.   It only lasted a couple hours, and that Greece sun came right back out to brighten up the day!  We started our day off with class at the Folklore Museum where we learned about the history of Greece, and then ended it at the Byzantin Museum.  It was really interesting to have a guest lecturer come and teach us about the history because it was very memorable.  
The best thing about Thessonaliki has been the many adventures that we go on each day.  Even for the couple hours that we had free today, we managed to explore a part of the city that we hadn’t seen yet.  Only ten days in and my perspectives on life, cultures, people, and traveling have changed in such a great way.  Before being in Greece, I didn’t take much time to think deeply about my life and my abilities as a student.  We often get caught up in our busy, daily tasks to take a moment to see how blessed we are or taking time to experience different parts of the world other than what we are accustomed too.  Trust me, just within the time I have stayed in Greece, my eyes have been opened to a culture that has impacted me with not only cool adventures, but personally.  I know that I will leave here with a different perspective on life, and it will help me become a better leader. 
Lastly, I want to go over a few of my favorite things about Thessonaliki, Greece!  I absolutely LOVE all of the cafes that are around the city.  Each café has a different style, and wandering the back streets of the city is where you will find the best ones!  It’s been really enjoyable sitting down and just talking to people instead of, what we are used too, having our phones in our faces the whole time.  My other favorite time so far was our adventure to Halkidiki, where a small group of us were beach bums for a day!  We laid out and napped on the beach for six straight hours, and I got to enjoy some seriously delicious seafood.  
To say I am thankful for this opportunity is an understatement; studying abroad here in Greece has impacted me on so many different levels!  I will not go home and just remember the things that happened in Greece.  Instead, I will leave with new friendships, a new perspective on culture, and a new outlook on life.  

Thanks Greece for all of the adventures so far!

Samantha Fisherfolk

This is me at the Byzantin Museum

My adventure in town this afternoon!  Authentic gyro for lunch and Katherine and me in the taxi.


 A few of the MANY cafes around town. From left to right (Me, Quynh, Katherine) with our juice and coffees! 

Our adventure to Halkidiki.  My yummy fish I got at the restaurant.  

2 comments:

  1. $$$ GENUINE LOAN WITH 3% INTEREST RATE CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS $$$.
    Are you looking for a loan to clear off your dept and start up your own Business? have you being going all over yet not able to get a legit loan Company that will loan you? Here is your final solution, We can give you any amount you need provided you are going to pay back within the period of time given without any problem. Apply now and contact us for more details via email below.
    Email: henski.john46@gmail.com

    Application For loan.
    First Name:
    Last Name:
    Date Of Birth:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    City:
    Zip Code:
    State:
    Country:
    Nationality:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Purpose of the loan:
    E-mail address:

    Email: henski.john46@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

  2. When i could not face my Debt any more, my son was on hospital bed for surgery that involve huge money and i also needed some money to refinance and get a good home then i have to seeks for Assistance from friends and when there was no hope any more i decide to go online to seek a loan and i find Kumaresan Kahlil Loan Investment Company (feiyenloan@gmail.com) with 2% interest Rate and applied immediately with my details as directed. Within seven Days of my application he wired my loan amount with No hidden charges and i could take care of my son medical bills, Renew my rent bill and pay off my debt. I will advice every loan seeker to contact Kumaresan Kahlil Loan Investment Company For easy and safe Transaction.

    ReplyDelete