Monday, May 25, 2015

Mariela Carrasco

  Today was our last day in Cyprus. Although we did not have an entire day to spend there, it was full of adventure. We finally took a group picture with all of us in it, and it was beautiful! The scenery around us made it the ideal spot for our "wish you were here" picture. Also, by walking to our picture perfect spot, I was able to explore the city a little more. On our way back, I stopped by a few spots that I found interesting. One was a handmade arts and crafts exhibit. There were beautiful pieces, my favorite were the wood carved hair brushes. From there we visited many souvenir shops.  At the shops, I found a beautiful little turtle sculpture, which is so far my favorite souvenir purchase. 

After a bit of shopping came my favorite part of the day. Virginia and Gabi decided to go parasailing and I went with them. Although I did not go up with them, I got a beautiful view of the city from the boat. I was honestly too scared to go on the parasail, but I am so proud that Virginia and Gabi had the courage to do it. At first they were nervous, but after the fact I could tell they had an amazing time. I hope one day I am able to partake in such adventurous events.  

After being in Cyprus for the weekend, I am excited to go back to Thessaloniki. Cyprus was filled with beaches, beautiful, and fun, but I'm ready to go back to the homey atmosphere that Thessaloniki provides for us. In my opinion, Thessaloniki has more of a true Greek culture, probably since they do not get as many tourists. While in Thessaloniki, we always encounter people who are so friendly and excited to meet us; that was not always the case in Cyprus. Also, I feel as if I got more authentic Greek food while in Thessaloniki, and I really miss it. So far I have loved every dish I have tried. 

I cannot believe how fast time is going. We pack our day with so much exploration that it is over in a blink of an eye. Now, we only have a week left. Although I am very homesick at this point of the trip, I am enjoying every second of our Horizons Greece Adventure. The people in our group are amazing and the programs are so fun and full of information. I hope that one day I Can come back and continue to explore Greece.

Me getting my feet wet

Horizons group picture

Virginia and Gabi parasailing 

No comments:

Post a Comment