Monday, May 25, 2015

Faith Dalton

Today we headed to Cyprus for a weekend adventure.  Our day started out with an early morning, since we had to catch a bus to the airport.  We expected the bus to be less crowed since it was early.  However, the bus was packed and this time we all had our carry-on luggage.  After the bus ride we arrived at a small airport. The airport was very efficient with getting us through the line quickly and onto our small Ryan Air flight. 
We arrived ahead of schedule and hopped right into the taxis that lined the sidewalk of the airport.  I have never traveled before this trip, so when I hopped into the taxi and saw the driver on the left side I was confused.  Then when we started to drive away, we also drove on the opposite side of the road.  Many of my classmates have traveled and have been to countries where they drive like this, but I was so fascinated by this experience.  Finally, we arrive to our beautiful hotel.  We arrived ahead of schedule so we couldn’t check in right away, but this wasn’t a problem because we all were starving.  We grabbed our maps and headed out to find a unique and non-traditional place to eat.  A small group of us stopped at a seaside café.  The prices here weren’t what we were use to in Thessaloniki, but the food was worth the money.  While relaxing and taking our time to enjoy our meal, the small group I was with began to people watch.  We all concluded that Cyprus must be a place where retired people choose to move to and hoped that one day we too would be able to retire to somewhere beautiful.  Once we paid and did some souvenir shopping the group I was with headed back to the hotel to wait to check in.  The staff at the Pryamos hotel worked hard and was able to allow us to check into our rooms a little early.  This was wonderful since all we wanted to do was change into our bathing suits and hit the beach.
I was finally standing on the sand after a short walk from our hotel.  I just stood there for a while taking in the wonderful breeze, the fresh air, and the friendly locals.  After Katie and I found a great spot, I couldn’t help but dip my feet into the clear water. The spot we were at had sand and also some large rocks that were perfect for climbing.  Then, I positioned my chair perfectly and settled in for a couple of hours of relaxation.  
Once the sun had set, it became very cool so Katie and I changed out of our bathing suits and headed to the market with some others to get dinner.  We all grab random items and sat along the seaside and had a picnic together.  This was a wonderful way to end a perfect day. 

Love,
Faith
Waiting for the bus

The first look of the sea

Spontaneous picnic 

Me at the beach!





               

No comments:

Post a Comment